BREAD AND OIL IN CRUSHER – SANTADI – DECEMBER 1 TO 2
Now in its tenth edition, the event “Bread and oil mill” wants to engage visitors in an experiential journey of history, popular culture and ancient traditions Sulcis, accompanying him to discover the secrets of the customs handed down by our ancestors: the milling of wheat with the ancient granite millstone push dall’asinello, preparation and baking of bread in the oven, the pindatura “su pani ‘and coccoi”, the typical bread of durum wheat from feature during “lace”, the preparation of fresh handmade pasta, such as malloreddus, orecchiette and spawning, and much more.
In addition, the guided tour of the mills and olive groves will be facilitated by the presence of special trains available to visitors throughout the day.
This journey of discovery leads the visitor from the theory of local food traditions to the practice of taste, fragrance and intense flavors in numerous tastings where, next to the bread, oil and cheese propose other local delicacies accompanied by good quality wine.
The trade show, finally, will allow customers to know the companies, artisans and local producers from which to buy the excellent gastronomy sulcitana and artifacts of great value: Santadi offers a wide range of food products typical of Sulcis, some well-known at an international level, such as the wine produced by the winery, and others who are part of the ancient history and culture of this place, just as the bread, olive oil and cheese.
Saturday, December 1:
– 9.30 am: assembly room, Via Vittorio Veneto
The President and the Board of Directors of the Gal Sulcis Capoterra and Campidano organize:
Conference: “Agri … and beyond: Education, Civilization and Innovation”.
Introduction and Greetings from the Mayor of the City of Santadi, Cristiano Erriu, the President of the Gal
Sulcis Capoterra and Campidano Christopher Luciano Piras, the Councillor
Tourism, Sports and Events in the Province of Carbonia Iglesias Marinella Grosso and Councillor
Productive Activities of the Province of Carbonia Alberto Iglesias Pili.
– Fausto Faggioli – Expert in Development of Rural Areas
– Alfonso Pascale – President of the Association Social Network Farms
– Nicoletta Piras – Director Gal Sulcis Capoterra and Campidano
– Daniele Serra – Animator Gal Sulcis Capoterra and Campidano
– Josephine Mocci – Agency Laore SUT Sulcis
– Marinuccia Sanna – Service Director Local Development Ass all’Agric. And Ref Agr. RAS
Coordinate the work of Luca Fabbri – Expert in Rural Development.
– H. 13.00: Via Mazzini – at “Sa Domu Antiga”
Breakfast Km zero – Reserved for participants at the Conference
– H. 14.00: Via Mazzini – at “Sa Domu Antiga”
Laboratory / school production of “Bread Civraxiu”
– H. 15.30: Piazza Marconi
Opening exhibition market of agro / food and craft
– H. 21.00: assembly room, Via V. Veneto
“Baxiu and Contra” seventh edition, edited by the Cultural Association “Archifonia”
Festival of traditional music and new trends;
Sunday, December 2:
– H. 9:00 Piazza G. Marconi
A bicycle tour of the olive groves – by the “I Pedals Santadesi”
– H. 9:30 Piazza G. Marconi
Opening exhibition market of agro / food and craft;
– Opening from h.10.00 – Piazza G. Marconi
Panoramic tour for “Meraus” and guided tour of the mill tourist train;
– H. 11.00/12.00/16.00: assembly room – Via V. Veneto
Laboratory of tasting extra virgin olive oil.
By Agency Laore SARDINIA. Reservations at the stand of the City.
– From h.10.00: Via V. Veneto
Demonstration of milling wheat using traditional techniques (wheel Sardinian donkey) and cooking
bread in the oven. Organized by the “Horse Club Monte Fracca”;
– H. 10.30 – h. 14.30: Departure by bus from Via V. Veneto crossing Via G. Mazzini
Guided tours of the archaeological site pre-Nuraghic “Tomb of the Giants”;
– H. 10.30 – Multipurpose Hall (next to the church)
“Cultural Festival”. Regulatory activity of the City of Santadi, year 1877, “Regulation of
Urban and Rural Police Police “.
Introduces the work of Christian Erriu Mayor of Santadi
Speakers Gianmario Demuro – Prof. Constitutional Law, University of Cagliari
“Hidalgos” Romance of Nicholas Migheli.
Speaker Prof. M. Antonietta Mongiu.
Coordinate the work of Prof. Maria Paola Pinna.
– From h.10.30 to h.18.00: Piazza G. Marconi
Organized by the Cultural Archifonia, the “Gazebo Music”;
– H. 11.00 – h. 15.00: Departure by bus from Via V. Veneto crossing Via G. Mazzini
Guided tours of the archaeological site Phoenician-Punic “Pani Loriga”;
– From h.10.30: House-Museum “Sa Domu Antiga” Via G. Mazzini
Pintadura “su pani ‘and cocoi.” By a “spontaneous group of women experts” of Santadi;
– From h. 12:30 Piazza G. Marconi
Organized by the Elderly preparation and tasting of typical dishes
There will also be:
– Permanent exhibition ethnographic / ancient crafts, Doll Museum, Photographic Exhibitions,
Music Performance band clubs, Tastings.
Door Company of Gal Sulcis Capoterra and Campidano.
Information and reservations at Stand Institutional Municipality.
For more information:
Tourist Board 0781 954121/0781 9420310
GAL Sulcis Capoterra and Campidano 0781 697025
e.mail gal.sulcisiglesiente @ tiscali.it
“Bread and oil mill” an unmissable event for lovers of slow route, good food and generous nature.
City of Santadi
phone 0781 954121
phone 0781 9420310